By Richard Ellis on Wednesday, 10 November 2021
Replies 1
Likes 0
Views 670
Votes 0
Hi, hoping someone can save me from randomly replacing parts until I find the fault.

I have the above Bosch electric oven, the grill will heat up as normal but the fan oven has stopped working (it worked intermittently for a couple of days before finally failing).

I assumed (as the grill is heating) the PTC sensor must be OK so concluded it must be the fan heater element. I’ve now changed it but the oven still doesn’t heat (I’ve now done a continuity test on the original and all looks good).

I’ve checked the resistance on the PTC sensor and online videos suggested it should be around 1100 Ohm at room temperature. Mine is 541 Ohm so their suggestion is it’s faulty. If that’s the case, why does the grill work OK?

The PTC sensor is an expensive part to buy on a trial and error basis so if anyone has any ideas on other possible causes before I bite that bullet I’d appreciate it.
Now I’m more confused, I’ve put the original heating element back in and with the exception of the fan heat setting it’s working again!

With the fan setting, it doesn’t seem to get to temperature.

I note there’s a wired connection between the fan and the heating element, what’s that for, could it be a problem linked to the fan (which is a bit rattly)?

Will try again tomorrow though as I’m pretty sure last night we tried various heating selections and temperatures and none worked except the grill.
·
2 years ago
·
0 Likes
·
0 Votes
·
0 Comments
·
View Full Post